OnePlus 6 update brings camera improvements, new gestures, see what’s new in OxygenOS 9.0.2 : What a day it’s turning out to be for OnePlus! In the span of several hours, the company has started selling the OnePlus 6T in the USA and India and released a hefty update for the new flagship to boot. However, it looks like owners of the slightly older OnePlus 6 will also feel like it’s Christmas time in early November, as an equally feature-rich software upgrade has just become available OTA for their device.
- Brand new navigation gestures
- Improved UI for About phone
- Optimized standby power consumption
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Added support to launch Google Assistant or other third party assistant app by holding the power button for 0.5 seconds
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Added Nightscape
- Added Studio Lighting to enhance face contour
The most likely reason for these super-quick updates is the fact that the OnePlus 6 and the new 6T are both powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC. OnePlus says that the update will have a staged rollout. It will be received by a limited number of users today and will have a broader rollout in a few days after the company ensures that there are no critical issues on board. As always, make sure that your device is sufficiently charged and connected to a Wi-Fi network before proceeding with the download and installation.